- Glovis Values Your Privacy
- Information We May Collect
We collect two main types of information related to you or your use of our products and services:
- Information from or about you, your device and/or your vehicle, including your geolocation
- Information from or about you from your posted public messages
- Collection of information from or about you and your location, your device and/or your vehicle
We may collect (1) information from and about you when you set up your Glovis profile with us; (2) information about your mobile device used to install our mobile software applications; (3) information from and about your geolocation and (4) information from and about your vehicle (like your vehicle identification number) in a number of ways including:
Through our APP and Website. We collect information from or about you, your geolocation, your device and/or your vehicle through our mobile software applications (“APP”), our websites, social media pages, email messages, text messages or through your mobile device(s). Our APP and the various websites used to provide our services (“Website”) request and collect personal information, such as your name, the customer you may be employed by, including the hours worked by you, miles driven and location, mobile carrier name, email address, phone number, vehicle identification number and geolocation data about you, your device and your vehicle.
When you install the APP, we collect information about your location in a variety of ways. When precise geolocation tracking of both you and your vehicle is initiated by you, we provide real-time tracking information, with vehicle identification, to our customers. Moreover, we may contact you by email or text when we find any communications issues with our APP to make sure the APP is running properly. We provide information to our customers about you and your vehicle, including but not limited to hours worked, miles driven, mobile carrier name, truck load number, load date time/unload date time, and unload location and unload location. For example, if you scan a barcode for pick-up of product at a location and drop off at another location, the APP communicates with our application server to transmit your geolocation data every 15-30 seconds, on average, to our customers. Once the destination is reached and you scan a barcode, transmission of geolocation data to our customers is stopped. You may also choose to publish your location in your posts and in your Glovis profile. You may also tell us your location when you set your trend location on our Website. We may also determine your location by using other data from your mobile device, such as precise location information from GPS, information about wireless networks or cell towers near your mobile device or your IP address. We may use and store information about your location to provide features of our Services, such as posting with your location, and to improve and customize the Services, including but not limited to, with relevant content like local trends, stories, ads, and suggestions.
Through your browser or device: When you use our Services, we also collect aggregated data about you, such as your geolocation, your mobile carrier, your mobile device information (including device and application IDs) to help diagnose problems with our systems and ensure your safety and security. During your visit to our Website, we monitor your experience by collecting additional data, including your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the duration of your Website visit, browser type and version, operating system name and version, search terms, and version of the APP you are using and other web browsing behaviors and statistics. We need this information for internal purposes for system improvements and to better serve you.
Offline: We may also collect information from or about you offline, such as when you contact our Vehicle Logistics team about issue and questions concerning any of our Services.
Through your Glovis internal account: When you set up a Glovis profile, you will receive an internal account which is hosted on our Website. In processing your internal account, we may collect information from you including your name, mobile carrier name, email address, phone number, and vehicle identification number.
Through other sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, such as public databases, your public messaging posts and blogs, customers and social media platforms.
- Log Data: When you use our Services, we may receive information (“Log Data”) such as your IP address, browser type, operating system, the referring web page, pages visited, location, your mobile carrier, device information (including device and application IDs), and search terms. We receive Log Data when you interact with our Services like the Website or APP, sign into our Services, interact with our email notifications, use your account to authenticate to a third-party website or application, or visit a third-party service that includes a Glovis button or widget. We may also receive Log Data when you click on, view or interact with links on our Services, including links to third-party applications, such as when you choose to install another application through Glovis. We use Log Data to provide, understand, and improve our Services, to make inferences, like what topics you might be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads.
- Links: We may keep track of how you interact with links across our Services, including our email notifications, third-party services, and client applications, by redirecting clicks or through other means. We do this to help improve our Services, to provide more relevant advertising, and to be able to share aggregate click statistics such as how many times a particular link was clicked on.
- Third-Parties and Affiliates: We use a variety of third-party services to help provide our Services, such as hosting our various blogs and wikis, and to help us understand and improve the use of our Services, such as Google Analytics. These third-party service providers may collect information sent by your device as part of a web page request, such as cookies or your IP address. Third-party partners may share information with us, like a browser cookie ID, website URL visited, mobile device ID, or cryptographic hash or a common account identifier (such as an email address), to help us measure and tailor ads. Our Website and the APP may provide links to third-party web sites. Third-party affiliates may also direct you to other third-party websites. We do not endorse the content on any such third-party websites, nor are we responsible for the content of linked third-party websites. Your use of third-party websites is at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such third-party websites.
Regardless of which country you live in, you authorize us to use your information in, and as a result to transfer it to and store it in, the United States, South Korea, and any other country where we operate. Privacy and data protection law in some of these countries may vary from the laws in the country where you live.
- Opting out of data sharing: If you are a California resident and no longer want us to share your personal information with third parties, please go to oneglovis.com/dotnotsellmyinfo, or go to the Privacy section within the Settings section of our APP.
- Collection of information from posted public messages
Our Services are primarily designed to help you share your thoughts with the world. Most of the information you provide us through our Services is information you are asking us to make public.
- Public Posts by You: Your public information includes the messages you post; the metadata provided with the posts, and many other bits of information that result from your use of our Services. We may use this information to make inferences, like what topics you may be interested in, and to customize the content we show you, including ads. Our default is almost always to make the information you provide through our Services public for as long as you do not delete it. We broadly and instantly disseminate your public information to a wide range of users, customers, and third parties. For example, your public user profile information and public Glovis profile are immediately delivered via SMS and our API’s to our partners and other third parties, including search engines, developers, and publishers that integrate Glovis content into their services, and institutions such as universities and public health agencies that analyze the information for trends and insights. When you share information or content, like photos, videos, and links via the Services, you should think carefully about what you are making public.
- How We May Use Your Personal Information
We may use information we collect about you, your device, or your vehicle to:
- Communicate with you by electronic means on your mobile device
- Track your location for our customers
- Track your on-time performance records
- Provide additional services to you
- Improve and enhance our Services
- To communicate with you
We may use information we collect to communicate with you including:
- To respond to your inquiries and requests, such as customer support and vehicle logistics questions or other questions regarding our Services and to send you information, emails or texts.
- To electronically communicate with you through your mobile device to authenticate your login information and password and to contact you when we find problems with the functionality of the APP.
- To service our accounts with you.
- To track your location for our customers
- To communicate with our customers and advise them of your vehicle movement and provide real-time tracking information to our customers for the timely delivery of a specific product.
- To electronically provide our customers with load date and time and unload date and time information for specific product movement.
- To track your on-time performance record
- To communicate with our customers and advise them about your performance, including on-time delivery, and other performance metrics.
- To communicate with our customers about any damage to your vehicle and/or product.
- To provide additional services to you
We may use information we collect to provide additional services to you, including:
- To monitor your use of the APP and the Website.
- To disseminate your publicly posted information to a wide range of users, customers, and third parties so they can analyze the information and provide additional services to you.
- To ensure a safe and secure web browsing experience.
- To improve and enhance our Services
We may use information we collect for other purposes, including:
- To monitor your use of the APP and the Website to make enhancements and upgrades to our Services.
- To improve the content and service of our Website and to improve our products.
- To ensure a safe and secure web browsing experience.
- How We May Share Your Information
We may share information we collect about you, your device or your vehicle and its location to:
- Third parties
- Our customers
- Our service providers and business partners to perform Services on our or your behalf
- Other parties as required by law
- With third parties
We may share information with other third parties, such as the following circumstances:
- We may share your information with service providers to perform functions and provide services to us in the United States, South Korea, and other countries. We may share your information with these third parties to use your information only on our behalf and pursuant to our instructions.
- We may share or disclose your information at your direction, such as when you authorize a third-party web client or application to access your account. Other users may share or disclose information about you, such as when they mention you, share a photo of you, or tag you in a photo.
- With our service providers, insurers and business partners
We may share information we collect from you with our service providers, insurers, business partners and other third parties when necessary to provide Services on our behalf or on your behalf, as to the following:
- We may share your information, including name, address, email and phone number, with our affiliated service providers so that these service providers can perform functions and provide services to us and to you.
- To better service you, we may share your information with other third-party service providers such as website hosting, data analysis, payment processing, customer service, auditing, marketing, and other similar services.
- We may share your information with our insurers and other third parties.
- With other third parties
We do not share information that personally identifies you with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes unless you opt in to that sharing. We may share information in the following other circumstances:
Opting out of data sharing: If you no longer want us to share personal information about you with third parties, please go to the Website at https://www.oneglovis.com/donotsellmyinfo or click here. You can also go to the Privacy section within the Settings section of our APP.
Right to delete and access information. If you are a California resident, you have the right to access and/or delete any and all personal information that you have provided to us. If you want to exercise your right to delete or access personal information, click here.
- Our Security Practices and User Generated Content
Our Security Practices:
All information collected by our server is protected through a 128-bit encryption firewall, which prevents outside visitors from collecting any information about you. Internally, the information is redirected and stored in a secure and isolated server that is only accessible by authorized personnel.
The Website may offer some services that allow you to record and store information in a password-protected area. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your passwords or your Innova account. We do not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you store.
User Generated Content:
Any information or material that you may upload onto the Public Area of the Website (User Generated Content) is not confidential or proprietary. You grant, and warrant that you have the right to grant to Glovis, and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors and suppliers, a non-exclusive, non-revocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, perpetual right to use your User Generated Content in any manner of media now or later developed for any purpose, commercial, advertising or otherwise, including the right to store translate, display, perform, reproduce, modify, create derivative works, sub-license, distribute, assign and commercialize without any payment due to you.
If you use a Public Area of the Website or software application, such as the discussion board, chat room, blog, bulletin board or testimonial form, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. You will not post any content which you are not properly authorized to post and will indemnify and hold Glovis, along with its affiliates, distributors and suppliers harmless for any consequences arising from your breach of this provision. We also reserve the right to delete, edit, or omit any offensive comments posted at any such public areas of the Website.
- Data Privacy Choice and Transparency
We allow you to have control over the data that we collect, use and share from or about you, or your use of our products or services.
California Consumer Privacy Act and Data Privacy:
If you live in California, under the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), you have the right to request access to and receive information about what data that we have collected about you; have the information restricted or deleted; and/or withdraw your consent to certain uses of your information. These rights may also exist to some lesser degree in other jurisdictions. You may also have the right to data portability with regard to the data you provided to us. You can exercise your rights in one of the methods below:
- If you would like to exercise your CCPA rights to access or delete information from or about you, you may .
- You can opt out of the sale of your personal information on the conspicuous link provided on our Website com/donotsellmyinfo or go to the Privacy section within the Settings section of our APP.